Pre-Summit Meetings & Mentoring Interrupted
Like characters in a Kafka novel, yesterday my in-country director (Reginald August) and I found ourselves in the middle of a police manhunt for Clifford Brandt and a yet-to-be-determined number of escapees from a maximum security prison.
The brazen prison break (carried off by 10-15 armed assailants) occurred shortly before we were scheduled to pick-up a group of community leaders in (and from) Croix des Bouquets to conduct a pre-summit mentoring session.
(Memo to self: In the future try to avoid prison riots, automatic weapons and highly annoyed law enforcement officers. At the very least, add a buffer to all future meetings of 1-hour to cover unexpected “occurrences” and general mayhem!)
While today will be filled with various pre-summit meetings and conversations, the main thrust of my activities will fall into these three categories:
- Monetizing undeveloped land and untapped human capita
- Geospatial Mapping & Predictive Model through the use of empirical data
- Water surveys and extraction techniques
That’s all for now. It’s time to grab my backpack and hit the road.
Search Our Site
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
- Haiti Trip (January ‘19); Day Five: I have arri...
- Haiti Trip (January ‘19); Day Four: Today, I tu...
- Haiti Trip (January ‘19); Day Three: It’s a bea...