Resettlement Camp Transition into a City and Other Transformational Activities
It’s approximately 9:30pm and I’ve just finished eating dinner.
While today was filled with numerous important conversations, the main thrust of my activities fell into these four categories:
- The transition of the largest resettlement camp(s) into a legally recognized city,
- The implementation of a mentoring program for senior officials within the Haitian government,
- In-depth discussions on the evolving role of NGO’s in Haiti
- Stabilizing the political process for future elections.
Overall, a very interesting and productive day.
That’s it for now. I’m already very tired, (not a good sign after only two days!), so I think I’ll retire to my room and call it a day.
Search Our Site
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
- Haiti Trip (January ‘19); Day Five: I have arri...
- Haiti Trip (January ‘19); Day Four: Today, I tu...
- Haiti Trip (January ‘19); Day Three: It’s a bea...